Monday, October 27, 2014

Glorious Mysteries

Enjoy the uplifting close to the month of the Rosary!

Resurrection
“Why do you seek the living one among the dead? He is not here, but he has been raised. Remember what he said to you while he was still in Galilee, that the Son of Man must be handed over to sinners and be crucified, and rise on the third day.”
Christ is risen, shout hosanna! Here is the triumph of Life over death. May I never take for granted the beautiful gift of salvation, bought at such a price. We praise you and bless you, oh Lord, because you have overcome the world.

Ascension
He answered them, “It is not for you to know the times or seasons that the Father has established by his own authority. But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” When he had said this, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him from their sight.
You have gone to prepare a place for me and will come back again in glory. I pray that I will keep my focus on you while simultaneously carrying out the work you have prepared for me. May I not become so heavenly minded that I am of no earthly good!

Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost
When the time for Pentecost was fulfilled, they were all in one place together. And suddenly there came from the sky a noise like a strong driving wind, and it filled the entire house in which they were. Then there appeared to them tongues as of fire, which parted and came to rest on each one of them. And they were all filled with the holy Spirit and began to speak in different tongues, as the Spirit enabled them to proclaim.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. I reflect on one of these during each Hail Mary, then ask for the Holy Spirit to come into my heart and give me the grace to grow in virtue.

Assumption
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid’s lowliness;
behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
Mary's assumption, body and soul, into Heaven speaks of the worth and dignity of the human body. My body will one day be transformed into a glorified body. This current body prefigures what is to come and must be treated with the respect it deserves.

Crowning of Mary
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
The new Queen Mother, perfectly submissive to her Son, has a special love for us and a desire to bring us to holiness. May I honor Mary as I ought and never hesitate to ask for her intercession. May I ever seek to imitate her humility, gentleness, and perfect obedience.


No comments:

Post a Comment