Monday, September 29, 2014

Schooling

Heesu and I just finished homework for the night. My primary job is to keep her awake and read some assignments to her, as her listening comprehension is stronger than her reading comprehension in English. It's a good thing I'm not expected to contribute to actually completing the homework, since her algebra class has progressed beyond what I remember!

I am quite adept at Kindergarten, though. Peter has memorized his poem (From a Railway Carriage) and memory verse (Sirach 16:24-25) for the month of September. He generally refuses to recite for anyone, but did consent to a video recording, so I have some record of what he has accomplished. Our virtue this month was attention. Simply learning that it is a virtue seems to have spurred him to work on it. He has gotten better about listening the first time. Hooray!

Oh hi, just being adorable

Today we celebrated the feast of the Archangels. The kids and I colored holy cards of Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel and made a poster. This afternoon, my parents came over bringing gifts of angel food cake, fresh strawberries, and heavy cream for whipped cream. Quite a feast! Tonight, I taught my second week of religion class with my sixth graders.



Sadly, I did not get my workout done today - first time since I started the challenge. Maybe tomorrow I will be amazing and do two in one day. At any rate, Heesu needs to be woken at 5:30AM, so it is bedtime in this house! Hope your week is off to a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment