Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hiking with Frogs

I took the kids to White Brook Nature Area today for a one mile round-trip hike over level ground. It took us about an hour to complete it, including a break for snack. :-) If you're local and have any frog enthusiasts in your family, definitely get there in the next couple days! These warm afternoons are perfect for spotting them. We saw at least 100.

We didn't get our morning chore or the scheduled writing activity done today, but I can't help but feel that this is an excellent example of a successful homeschooling day!










4 comments:

  1. I used to live in this area (on a road that backed up to this) and one thing I miss about this area, is that trail/nature area. Very beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first time I had ever been there, but I definitely plan to return!

      Delete
  2. What beautiful pictures of your children and the area on a lovely fall day. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete