Friday, September 5, 2014

7QT (Vol. 100): Camping Memories

-1-
100th quick takes! Part of Peter's writing instruction this week was dictating what happened on our Labor Day weekend campout. I typed them verbatim, then he and I took the first story and made a book. I did the writing (except three words); he illustrated. Here is the original transcript.

-2-
We went camping one day to the Adirondacks. It was hot in the morning and cool in the afternoon. And we set up our tents and then Grams and I went down to the beach together. Actually, with Daddy. And we went back up to ask Mommy if we had our swimsuits because a boy we didn't know was swimming and we wanted to go too. We DID have our swimsuits, so we went swimming for a little while and I was learning about clams with Uncle Shane. When we had dinner, I got hurt and Grams was there, but it felt better by the time the fire was there. The temperature of the bruise was medium.

-3-
The next day we woke up and the loons were saying, "Loon, loon," and we were going to the bathroom to start our day. Because the last night they were saying, "Loooooon." And then Grams, then Papa, then Uncle Keith and Aunt Jen, then V, then A and Uncle Shane and Amy, then S, then Dennis woke up and we all had breakfast.

-4-
Then we went down to the beach again with A, V, S and Papa. When it was windy, we saw a frog. He had long legs, could swim, and Mommy held him as if someone was giving her something. I went in a canoe with Papa and Daddy like last year. Uncle Keith and Aunt Jen were on a sailboat. They tipped over. We saw a floating dock and water and a sailboat and the bank. We saw boats pulled up on the sand. We played at the beach and went back up, sooner or later.

-5-
We had lunch. After lunch but before dinner, Heesu and L woke up, so it was more of a good afternoon than a good morning. We went on a little hike. We went all the way to the other side of the lake. We saw the Boy Scout lunch and dinner and brunch place. The hike was hard. Most of us had to carry me, but I got down on the other side of the lake. I walked on the bridges because I'm very good at bridges. We saw a very interesting big bridge. That was my favorite part.

-6-
When we got back we had dinner, then roasted marshmallows. Then we left and I was sad. (He was. He said he was going to stay under that tree all year, so be sure to park in the same spot when we came back next summer so we could find him.)

-7-
Aaannd... completely unrelated, but I needed a 7th take. Here is a picture from Peter's baptism celebration. You can read the details here.



7 Quick Takes is hosted at Conversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment