Saturday, August 16, 2014

7QT (Vol. 98): Adorable Kid Moments

-1-
Lots of my online time this past week has been spent updating the website for the homeschool group to which I belong. Unfortunately, it is all on the "private side" of the site, so I can't even show you how awesome I am! ;-) Also, it means my blogging has suffered a bit. I'll let the kids write this one.

-2-
Dad's story: "Once there was a hawk who was looking for lunch. He didn't want a mouse or a chipmunk, but eventually he found a peach tree. He swooped down, sunk his talons, and was very surprised that the peach wouldn't come off the tree. It wasn't ripe. He decided to stay there, hanging upside down by his talons, until it ripened. He stayed there for two weeks, then ate it. He liked it so much, he wanted to eat peaches all year."

-3-
Peter's story: "Once there was a toucan who was looking for lunch. He didn't want a mouse or a chipmunk, but eventually he found a pear tree. He swooped down, sunk his talons, and was very surprised that the pear wouldn't come off the tree. It wasn't ripe. He decided to stay there, hanging upside down by his talons, until it ripened. He stayed there for two weeks, then a hawk ate him."
Surprise!

-4-
Peter (who says /w/ in place of /r/) decided to teach Anne some words while we were driving:
P: Anne, say doggy.
A: Dah-ee
P: Say oak twee.
A: Oh tee
P: Say cahw (car)
A: Moo
P: No. Say cahw.
A: Moo
P: Anne, no! Say caahhwww.
A: Moooooo
I finally took pity on him and prompted her myself to say car. :-)

-5-
Our exchange student arrives tomorrow! Peter has been looking forward to her arrival all week. We've been trying to get the house clean and in order, pretending it is always like this. Today I enlisted the kids to help me clean the bathroom. Anne climbed into the tub with a rag sock and rubbed the baking soda and vinegar. Peter asked if he could help with the sink. "I don't like getting into things I am cleaning."

-6-
When I snuck into Anne's room tonight to grab the baby monitor, she rolled over (in her sleep) and said, "Papa?" She sure loves him!

-7-
He loves his red panda from Uncle Keith!


Find more 7 Quick Takes at Conversion Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment