Monday, August 26, 2013

Peter Says

(McDonald's was recently giving away noise-making minions from Despicable Me 2)
Anne giggles, Peter starts laughing - "Mommy, what does Anne sound like a minion?!"



Multiple times each day, Peter and I have a scripted conversation: Hello, Mommy, how are you? I'm doing well, Peter, how are you? I'm doing well, do you have any special plans for today? It always goes this way, whether he or one of his stuffed animals are talking with me. Until:
Hello, Mommy, how are you?
I'm doing well, cow, how are you?
Moo.

Jeremy teases Peter when his feet are wrinkly from the bath, calling them old man feet.
"Daddy, look at how old my man feet are!"

Mommy, this is a woe-woad.
A railroad?
Not a wayo-woad, a woe-woad.
Oh, OK. (default response when I still don't understand, but don't want to keep asking)
Because it has a big turn!
*light bulb* So it's a whoa road?
Yes! We go on it and say, "Whooaaa!"

Peter, Daddy had a sad day at work. What can we do to make him happy when he comes home?
Um, we can play with him aaand give him a haircut!

This is a doggie school, where doggies learn. And other animals that don't live in the jungle or the zoo. Doggies, kitties, bunnies, and whatever-those-are, and chicks, and brain cells, and giraffes - those live in the jungle - so brain cells, and pigs. And that's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment