Saturday, May 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 38): Scripture and Life

-1-
Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word. Luke 1:38
Maybe it's that simple. I don't need to "do enough", in fact, can't do enough. I need only give my yes and allow it to be done to me.

-2-
Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2
What is popular is not always right. I have a mind for a reason and should use it!

-3-
So we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20
I may be the only Gospel someone hears. I can't afford to be spiritually lazy and risk turning someone away from God.

-4-
Do everything without grumbling or questioning, Philippians 2:14
Eek. Not only do what is right, but do so cheerfully, being content with the will of God and bearing the failures of others and myself.

morning smile

-5-
Trust God at all times, my people! Pour out your hearts to God our refuge!
There are times when I feel isolated and misunderstood. I take comfort knowing that God cares for me, loves me, and will protect me.

-6-
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been purchased at a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
My body is so wonderful that God himself dwells within me. Powerful stuff. Can't think of a better reason to take good care of myself!

-7-
And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age. Matthew 28:20
I am never alone. It is well with my soul.


No comments: