Friday, April 19, 2013

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 36): Can I sleep now?

-1-
The past couple days, Peter has been waking before we do and playing by himself downstairs for awhile. When Jeremy gets up to get ready for work, Peter joins him for breakfast. I've been sleeping in until 8:30 or so, which has been a lovely recompense for the 30 mins of sleep I lose to Anne's nightly feeding.

-2-
Last night Early this morning, Peter came in to join us in bed. Between getting him back to sleep and Anne's feeding, I lost a bit more than a full hour of sleep. And of course this morning, he came right into our room when he woke and only wanted me.

-3-
We had a pretty good morning together. Anne slept almost the entire time, so Peter and I were able to do a lot of reading, write a note to Daddy, and "play beans."

Good math activity!

-4-

-5-
By 1:00, he was more than ready for his nap, as was I. Anne chose that time to wake up, though, so she and I had some quality time together while I cleaned the house with one hand. :-) Around 3, I finally got my nap.

-6-
Peter woke around 5:30 (yes, 4.5 hours!), clingy with a low-grade fever. He only wanted to eat fruit. I had a sinking feeling that I knew what was coming. Yep. Shortly after Jeremy's friends arrived to celebrate his new job, Peter and I were covered with what had been his dinner. I commented to our friends, "Doesn't this make you want to have kids?"

-7-
Same as last time, he bounced back quickly after that. He entertained our guests, had some more to eat, and went to bed easily and happily some time after 9:00. Anne is awake again, but with any luck she'll sleep soon. Goodness knows I want to.


2 comments:

  1. "I see an elephant"

    I love the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know how I haven't noticed the elephant in all the times we've been to Mass... :-)

      Delete