Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's 'A' Week!

We're starting very informal instruction with Peter, doing one letter each week. This week, being the first, is A week. Monday, we traced letters. I was amazed at how well he did. The upper left is mine, the rest he did completely independently. Yesterday, we made an angel and learned Matthew 7:7 - "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find." He was proudly reciting it today, "Ask and see if it will be given to you, seek and you will find, Matthew 7:7." We're getting there. :-)


Today's A activity was going to Wegmans on our way home from open gym to pick up a snack. We got an avocado. He has eaten avocado often in the past, but we haven't had one in awhile. And I used to always feed it to him. Here's a brief look at him feeding himself:




Oh right! The stuff in the bowl!

We're using the curriculum from Catholic Icing, "Catholic ABCs". I definitely recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful start. May the next of the 25 letters run just as smoothly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I would love to start something like this with Gus. Mostly because if I don't have something to guide me, we'll just play buses all day every day. I'm going to check out the link. (Also, have I now set myself up that I'll have to start every week's comment with the appropriate letter?) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when I looked at the sample pages online I thought, "I don't need to buy this. I could do all of that myself. ... But I won't." Having the book has made me much more motivated. (And yes.) :-)

      Delete