If I were a supermom, my Batmobile equivalent, equipped to handle every disaster, would be baking soda. My husband was impressed today as I introduced him to yet another use of this cheap and effective cleaner. Here are just some of the uses for this non-toxic household essential:
- Sprinkle it on the rug before vacuuming. Freshens the rug and the vacuum bag!
- Use as a paste to scour most metal or marble surfaces.
- If you use enough friction (not pressure!) and brush with baking soda a couple times weekly, you never need toothpaste.
- An important ingredient in making your own deodorant.
- Open containers can limit smells and 'flavor contamination' in the fridge and freezer.
- Keep an open container next to the diaper pail to combat odor.
- I haven't taken the plunge yet, but I hear from many that it is excellent as a shampoo alternative!
- Run it through the dispose-all (again, to get rid of smells)