Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Feast Day to Me!

Today is the feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, who is my patron saint. I completely forgot it was her feast... you know, because that required turning the calendar page on the first day of the month, and who has time for that? Regardless, I had a good feast day.

My mom came over with a collection of maternity clothes for me to try on, which she had bought from the clothing charity where she volunteers. I got some new shirts, pants, and even two dresses. My thoughts trying on the first dress: "Hm, this doesn't look that good on me. Well, wait. Does it actually not look good, or do I just think it looks weird because I'm pregnant and wearing a dress?" In the end, I decided it was just that I'm not used to wearing dresses while pregnant. :-)

Ignoring the fact that I'm exhausted, what do you think? 

This evening, we decided to go to Taco Bell, which is one of my favorite places to eat. I know, I just got kicked out of all natural parenting blog lists. But it was tasty and fun to go out with Peter and my husband. We had a pretty good evening once we got home; the two of them played while I sorted Peter's clothes to put away things he has outgrown and summer clothes. (I like sorting things, so this was a good time for me!) Fun fact: We have 5 pairs of 24-month pants, none of which are even close to fitting yet. Guess we're set for next fall! ;-)

Tonight was... not as great. Although we started bedtime at the usual time, Peter was apparently already too tired. It was one of those nights when the smallest disappointment, trouble, or surprise results in him collapsing into a puddle of sad. Like Alex Mack, but not glowing. Anyway, after an hour he finally fell asleep, as I hope to do soon.

Hope your October is off to a great start!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Feast Day to you and to me! (St Therese is my patroness, as well. )That dress is really cute and you are beautiful! I hope that you rest well tonight....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a pretty restful night; I am grateful.

      Delete
  2. I think the dress looks really nice. And the shawl with it makes the whole set look really good. Have fun wearing dresses and being pregnant!

    And I really liked Taco Bell when I was in high school. We were obsessed with it for some reason, but now I haven't been in a while. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And next time you want to have some Taco Bell, let me know. :-)

      Delete
  3. SUPER CUTE!! Love that dress. Also, thank you for the Alex Mack reference - it made me laugh and simultaneously feel nostalgic =)

    ReplyDelete