Friday, July 13, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 3)



-1-
A friend of ours is staying with us for a couple of nights. Last night, he had some errands to run in the area, so he left after dinner. Around 10:30, we were getting concerned. Most stores aren't open that late. Was he OK? Did he get lost? Turns out he just got caught up in conversation with friends. I'm not sure how we're going to handle allowing our kids out when they are old enough. :-)

-2-
Summer camp starts next week! I've had fun this past week ironing out details of my craft and nature lessons and helping develop age-appropriate activities for the different sports we teach. The hardest one was football. It's so complicated! All you folks out there who coach youth football, kudos.

-3-
We went out to breakfast with my Dad and one of my brothers today. The waitress remembered Peter's name, even though we haven't been there in over a month and probably no more than 5 times in the last year. Is it because he is the cutest kid of all time? Because he behaves so impeccably in restaurants? Because he's just amazing? Probably all three.

Being all kinds of adorable at a fast food restaurant on our trip.

-4-
I've had a series of dreams recently in which I've been high school age.Same thing happened during my pregnancy with Peter. I think part of my brain is rebelling against the responsibility of another new person to raise. Anyone have fun alternate interpretations?

-5- 
It's birthday week! Peter and my husband have birthdays only three days apart, so we're having a combined celebration on Sunday. I'm going to show off my excellent culinary skills and order pizza. (I actually do have decent culinary skills; my mom made sure I could feed myself and follow directions. I just really don't like to cook.)

-6-
Message we got from a friend earlier this week: "Dear friends, I have a dire first world problem: I am an adult male and I wish to go see "Brave" in theaters. There are significant cultural barriers to this goal. Possibly, I could rent your appropriately aged child? I am also open to further negotiations. Best Regards, -Mark"

-7-
The first time I heard anything about Magic Mike was through an online moms' group with which I am peripherally involved. I assumed it was some magician show for the kids. Then I read this. Oh. Oh, I see. (Disclaimer: This is the ONLY thing I have read about the movie. So I still know virtually nothing about it. But I'm glad I didn't sign up thinking it was a kids' event!)

2 comments:

  1. Um, number six is seriously the funniest thing I've seen in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is quite the witty guy. :-) Thanks for stopping to comment; glad you're not a robot!!!

      Delete