Saturday, June 16, 2012

Mini Vacation

We had such a GREAT day today! This morning my Dad came over and I made pancakes - and Peter slept in, so my husband was able to also. After breakfast, Dad took Peter home with him to play with Grams and Papa ALL DAY! I was concerned that he would want Mommy and Daddy to go with him, but after we explained that he would be going with Papa to play with Grams, he just said, "Bye bye" and walked out the door!


With the house to ourselves, we went back to bed (wink, wink) and had a relaxing morning. Today is our monthaversary (46 months! woo!), which we always celebrate by going out to eat. Given that my "morning sickness" gets worse as the day progresses, we decided to eat out for lunch rather than dinner. Both gift cards we had were to restaurants that only do dinner on weekends (sigh), so we ended up at Cheesecake Factory for a delicious lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon reading, picking wild strawberries in our yard, and napping in the shade on a blanket. Fantastic day.


I called after nap time to check in and see how Peter was doing. He wanted his Papa to get off the phone and come play trains. :-) My parents took Peter to a festival at the Rose Gardens around noon, which he loved. He got to have "noo-noos" for lunch and take a nap with Grams, then play until Mommy and Daddy came with McDonald's for all.

I'm so happy that all five of us had a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Hang on - morning sickness?! I obviously missed an announcement here - but congratulations!! Delighted for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You didn't miss it by much, I snuck it in Friday's post. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new addition. This may be of interest to you since you are dealing with morning sickness.

    http://www.mommypotamus.com/the-real-cause-of-morning-sickness/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lots of great information in there!

      Delete