Friday, May 11, 2012

Tidbits

I am reading... the Little House series. I just finished Little House in the Big Woods last night. After my recent post on inspiring characters, I decided it was high time I reread the series. I'd forgotten that they are aimed at a younger audience than the Anne of Green Gables series. Still good reads!

I am praying for... Peter's quick recovery. After a doctor's visit today, we confirmed that he does indeed have hand-foot-mouth disease, which he picked up on our trip to Wisconsin. The doctor has no more idea than we do why his rash is covering his entire body instead of being concentrated on his hands and feet, but assures us it is indeed Coxsackie A virus. Poor Peter.

My favorite seasonal food is... fruit and yogurt parfaits. I am getting a bit ahead of myself here, since strawberries won't be in season here for another couple of months, but I couldn't help it. So delicious!


I am planning... to run a 5K race tomorrow! First time since high school! Here's hoping I am still alive at the end of it. :-)

I was recently surprised by... how much Peter has been nursing. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that he has a steady supply of fluids, calories, and mommy's antibodies as he fights this illness, but wow! We're talking soreness and infant poop again. It's like I just slipped backwards to when he was 4 months old.


10 comments:

  1. Oh no, Liana! I am so sorry that Peter picked up the virus. Wow, Abiageal REALLY escaped this one. The 3 tiny bumps she had are almost completely faded and that is all that ever transpired! The other kids that were around that did pick it up have all had it pretty badly. Mason and Taylor did get a rash throughout their entire body. So crazy how these things get spread, none of us would have ever thought any of the kids were sick all weekend! Guess that's were that whole "dormant" term falls into play. Fast recovery, Peter!

    PS This is obviously Michelle, I had no idea how to post unless I chose anonymous lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes! Seems like Jeremy has it now, too... apparently only most adults are immune. :-P

      Delete
  2. Gus has been sick too! It seems like everyone has a sick toddler at the moment. I hope Peter feels better soon. And good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Peter is definitely on the upswing now, although my husband came home early from work with what seems to be early symptoms. Here we go again...

      Delete
  3. so sorry that peter is sick! hopefully he will get well quickly. i'm glad that he is still willing to nurse - i've heard that some kids who have hf&m have trouble eating because it is painful.
    we have been getting some A-MA-ZING-LY delicious strawberries from costco lately. they are huge and full of flavor (and very yummy when they are cut up and put in pancakes!). maybe it is an end of pregnancy thing for me, or maybe it's just the time of year (since i've only experienced the end of pregnancy during this time of year) but i just can't get enough of fresh, yummy fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a sucker for berries of any type! You make me hungry for them just reading your comment! :-)

      Delete
  4. Poor little fellow. I hope this clears up real soon. Have fun at the race. Love, Aunt Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be doing much better today and slept fairly well last night. Thanks for the good wishes!

      Delete
  5. I remember reading the Little House series when I was around seven or eight. (I am twelve now). I made it all the way to 'By The Shores of Silver Lake' and I think mostly the book after that, but then it all just got way too sad and I stopped reading. :( Never read Anne of Green Gables, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely gets more discouraging as the series continues! Although if I remember correctly, everyone is happier at the end. You should definitely read Anne of Green Gables if you have time. I enjoyed it as much as an adult as I did when I was in elementary school!

      Delete