Thursday, May 10, 2012

for my Goddaughter, on her Second Communion

Dear Aidan Rose,

Last week, you made your First Communion. I was so happy to be with you as you received Jesus through the Eucharist for the first time! As you pointed out, I love church. And I love you, so seeing you more fully initiated into our Church was truly a joy.

This Sunday, you'll make your second Communion. There will be no white dress, no party, and probably no one paying attention except Mom and Dad. But guess what. The most important person will still be there and He is SO excited you're coming back! Jesus has been excited all week, waiting for you to come back to Mass and join Him again in Communion. So cool!

Sometimes, especially as people get older, they stop being excited. They say, "What's the big deal. Jesus is there whenever I want. It's nothing special." I pray that you, my dear Goddaughter, never get so careless. I pray that every time you approach the altar and receive the Eucharist you are filled with the joy of His Presence. He is GOD and He is waiting for YOU! He loves you more than you can ever imagine. Remember that.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, 
so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. 
Romans 15:13

May God bless you always and in all ways. Happy second Communion!

love,
Liana

At her First Reconciliation

No comments:

Post a Comment