Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ascension Thursday and M&Ms

My mom has a tape recording of my brother when he was a toddler. She bribed him to sing the songs he knew by promising to give him an M&M when they were done. The entire recording is punctuated by, "Now emma-emma?" These songs are nice, Mom, but when is it time for the fun stuff?


Today was the feast of the Ascension. The first reading at Mass, from the Acts of the Apostles, states Jesus' promise to His disciples that they will soon be baptized with the Holy Spirit. They reply, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

My immediate thought was, "Now emma-emma?"


Edit: Feedback suggested I didn't make my point. To me, it seemed the Apostles had completely missed what Jesus wanted them to do (spread the Gospel) and were still focused only on an earthly reward, as my brother had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment