Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Recipe! And it's Pizza!

I decided yesterday morning that, after some downer posts, I needed to come up with something positive to write, even if I wasn't feeling happier. Well, two pieces of good news: I am feeling happier AND I'm going to write about pizza!

While wandering the internet in search of cheap and easy recipes, I discovered Owlhaven. She has all kinds of stuff about being frugal and homeschooling and being a mom. Most importantly, she has some excellent recipes! Without further ado, allow me to present Pepperoni Pizza Puffs.


***
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Makes 12 standard size muffins

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/3 cup cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup cubed pepperoni
  • 1 cup spaghetti sauce (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, basil, and oregano. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni. Add vinegar to milk in a small bowl.  Let sit a minute before adding milk mixture and egg to the dry ingredients.  Stir the batter until just combined.  Divide among muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.  Serve alongside warmed spaghetti sauce if desired for dipping.
***

I admit I was skeptical that three muffins would be filling, but they really were. We each had some homemade applesauce and water and were quite content. Try them! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment