Saturday, February 4, 2012

Quick Tips

A fun, busy day with my brother and sister-in-law! Time for a quick post, then off to watch some Psych.


To reduce the amount of conditioner you need, brush your hair before you take a shower. This really minimizes the number of tangles! Granted I have straight hair, but if I brush my hair first, I can comb it after without using any conditioner.

We buy a few foods (tortillas, cheese) that come in resealable plastic bags. It's not a great idea to reuse these for food storage, as the plastic breaks down over time, but we save them for our trash. Smelly food bits? Something sticky? Broken glass? Just put them in the resealable bag and save yourself a trip to the trash can outside!

If you've ever stepped on a Cheerio, you know they are difficult to clean. Peter doesn't eat Cheerios because of a low tolerance for oats and we've already decided our future children won't, either. Peter eats puffed corn. When you step on it, it stays in one piece! SO much easier to clean.

Any tips on how to clean a squished banana?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! The cheerio thing made me laugh. We have a dog, so it's a non issue. But if I'm ever at a friend's house who doesn't have a dog, it's the strangest feeling to have to get under the table to pick up dropped or squished food!

    I love the tip for resealable plastic bags. We wash and reuse ours a couple of times, but i'm too lazy to do it too much.

    About the conditioner, I brush it before the shower, but I picked up a new tip when I went to the hairdresser the other day. While she was shampooing, she would run her fingers through my hair from scalp to ends to take out the tangles. The shampoo helps take out the tangles, so if you do that, by the time you get to conditioner, you barely have to use any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, one of my friends recommended getting a dog. I said then I would have dog poop in my yard to clean. :-) Thanks for the shampoo tip!

      Delete
  2. ugh! i stepped on piece of banana the other day while wearing stockings - so gross! but it all stuck to the stocking (which had a hole in it and was headed for the trash anyway!) so the banana went out with the stocking! (i was on tile, so it didn't get squished into carpet or anything)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so there you go Liana, just walk around the house in ratty stockings and after they're all gunky with squished bananas, the Cheerios will stick right to them for easy cleaning!!

      Delete
    2. Donna, what a convenient time and place for a mess!

      Thank you, Anonymous, for your brilliant solution. * rolls her eyes *

      Delete