Saturday, December 10, 2011

Evening came, and morning followed

We actually had no plans today. No planned visitors, no necessary errands, no events to attend. My husband and I could not remember the last time we've had an entire day unscheduled! We had a good day, filled with cuddles and books and music. I washed diapers and dishes, my husband packed some games he sold and wrestled with Peter. We went to the public library, a playground, and took a 30 minute walk together. Tonight, my husband cooked and my parents joined us for dinner.

We relaxed.



The Sixth Day
Life is full of responsibility and routine.
Every day has a pattern
and the morning dawns full of expectations.
What must get done,
what can be pushed aside one more day.
Time ticks by, each hour with precisely sixty minutes.
Use your time wisely!
I did.
Full of love and rest and peace for the soul
with comfort and laughter
in the joy of God's own creation
I lived.
And it was very good.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy those unplanned days while you can. We were lucky to have one of those today. I cant remember the last time that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was thinking today that this is probably one of those "first child" experiences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem... my creative friend :)

    ReplyDelete