Friday, August 19, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Many thanks to Tmuffin, who bestowed on me the Versatile Blogger Award! She and I connected via the most recent Carnival of Natural Parenting. When I first read the title of the award, I thought it meant that I was a versatile blogger, but on further reflection I think it means the award is versatile. It is simply recognition of a good blog. I like it.





Here’s how the award works. After accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must:
I. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
II. Share 7 things about yourself.
III. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.

So, seven things about me...
1. I spent five months studying in Ireland, which included my 21st birthday and some serious discernment about a possible religious vocation.
2. I have two older brothers who were my childhood heroes and pretty much are my adult heroes, too.
3. I love cinnamon graham crackers and milk.
4. I've never finished an alcoholic drink in one sitting.
5. Rainy days either inspire or depress me, no in between.
6. I read very quickly and am a horrible speller. I also correct others' grammar in my head.
7. I was rather ambivalent about babies (although I've always loved kids) until I met my son.

My fifteen "winners" in alphabetical order are
A Gift Universe
Becoming Crunchy
Betty Beguiles
Blessed Adventures
Changed for Good
Dulce de leche
Gentle Mom in Training
God and Gum Nuts
Intrepid Murmurings
Jazzy Mama
Let's Take the Metro
Mademoiselle Michael
Many Miracles
Permission to Live
The Life Abundant

(Confession: These are not all recently discovered. I haven't discovered 15 new blogs recently.)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm surprised you didn't list all of your teeth among your assets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! I don't usually re-post awards, but it doesn't mean I don't feel all warm and fuzzy when I get them.

    Thanks for the fuzzies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Cat.
    You know, come to think of it, I've always thought of you as a very versatile person. If you come to my house, I'm pretty sure I could put your versatility to good use! (I'm not even sure what I mean by that. He he he!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, so much!
    Catherine from Blessed Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amanda: I thought about it, but I didn't want to make other people feel bad.

    @Sheila: Yeah, it's basically a blog chain letter, but seemed fun. :-)

    @Patti: You are ridiculous. :-) I really do want to come, I just have to figure out how to make it work.

    @Catherine: You're quite welcome!

    @Rachel: The pleasure's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! You're a peach! Happy Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Liana! :D

    How cool that you got to study in Ireland - it is definitely on my list of places to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Betty: You're welcome! And my Saturday was lovely, thank you. :-)

    @Kelly: I loved it. If you go, I would like to ride in your luggage. :-)

    ReplyDelete