Monday, August 22, 2011

Boston Outtakes

Having a snack with Papa at Uncle Keith's house

Peter and I drove out to Boston with my parents to visit my brother and sister-in-law for the weekend. (My husband, sadly, had to stay here and work.) True to form, Peter traveled well and adjusted quickly to a new house and almost no routine. Here are a few highlights of the trip.

Dining at The Publick House, which is best known for a wide assortment of beers. I don't really like can't stand beer, even beer that isn't supposed to taste like beer. Luckily for me, The Publick House also features famous macaroni and cheese with your choice of add-ins. I had tomato in mine and it was delicious. I think I may add some tomato to my serving next time my husband bakes mac-n-cheese for us.

Peter getting ever-closer to intelligible speech. If you know what he's trying to say, you can tell when he says "doggy" now! He also said "nanana" in the car on the way home while eating a banana.

Visiting the site of the battle of Bunker Hill and climbing the monument. The monument has 294 stairs, so I wouldn't say climbing it was enjoyable, but the view was worth it. Fun Fact: The battle of Bunker Hill was actually fought on Breed Hill, where the monument stands.

Peter, um, exploring. I put him down for a nap. When he first woke, I wasn't sure I heard him, so I let him be for a few minutes, then went to see if he was awake or making noise in his sleep. He was definitely awake. And had removed his poopy diaper. And urinated on the mattress he and I were sharing. And was quite happy. It's a good thing his aunt and uncle are accommodating people.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Time with family is always special and visiting a fun place like Boston makes it even more fun!

The Guys

2 comments:

  1. I thought babies weren't supposed to be able to get snap diapers off!!! one smart little guy you've got there! hopefully he didn't make TOO big of a mess! glad that he travels well for you. we took a drive up to DC yesterday to take david to the national zoo and it's the first time in a while that he's been relatively content for a car ride longer than 30 minutes. gives me hope for our trip to my parents' house in september.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was all my fault. When we travel, I often bring the aplex diapers (given to us for free!) that are more compact than our snapable pocket diapers. So, he was wearing a diaper I know he can remove and I didn't bother to put shorts on him because EVERY OTHER TIME he's woken up, he just sits on the bed and calls me. Sigh. Let me know how your trip to your parents goes!

    ReplyDelete