Saturday, July 2, 2011

Tidbits

I am reading... Save the Males: Why Men Matter, Why Women Should Care, an interesting book on how radical feminism is damaging our society. I am almost done with it. I think she is wrong about some issues, but overall I would recommend it.

I am praying for... Grant, an eight-year-old whose daddy died while the two of them were jogging on Father's Day. Grant is convinced that if he hadn't asked to go jogging, his daddy would be alive. Please pray for him and his family.

My favorite seasonal food is... black raspberries from our bushes. I like most berries, but picking them while they are still warm pushes these to the top of the list!

I am planning... Peter's first birthday party! Not that we're doing much aside from having friends and family over for dessert, but it should be fun. I'm also excited about being able to offer him new foods once he passes the one-year mark!
Enjoying a summer rain storm

I was recently surprised by... nostalgia for my pre-Mommy days. I attended a discussion for 20s and 30s (without Peter!) and got talking with a few grad students. It was a lot of fun. As I got into my car to go retrieve Peter from his doting grandparents, I was sad that I no longer had the ability to be as spontaneous as those grad students were (they were off to get ice cream). But then I got to my parents house and Peter was super-excited to see me. As I picked him up and he snuggled against me, I knew there was no way I would ever trade these days for days gone by.

No comments:

Post a Comment