Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer's Best Two Weeks

Today was the last day of camp. We don't do craft on the last day, so I was available to fill in as a work crew director. Even with the breaks I took to feed and cuddle Peter, and the 1.5 hours I watched him sleep in the office, this was easily the most exhausting day.

Taking his morning nap on the office floor.

Highs were in the mid-90s, which would be a welcome relief for my cousins in Texas but is near record-breaking heat here in upstate New York. Thankfully, we had an air-conditioned room in the church as our base, which made our spurts of physical activity more bearable.

I did most of my work with one hand, as the other was carrying Peter around on my hip. I do have a Moby wrap, but it was too hot to even consider wearing that. We managed together; I think he enjoyed being in perpetual motion with lots of people to see.

After camp, I went out to dinner with my husband and friends from camp, then went to my brother's house. He has a pool, which was a great way to relax. Finally, we all had ice cream. Well, you know, except for Peter. All in all, a wonderful, challenging, exhausting day. That's what camp is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment