Friday, July 1, 2011

First Peter

Peter's feast day was Wednesday, which was also that last day of Warrior Prayers. My husband and I have been praying faithfully and intentionally for our son, sharing Scripture together in the evening and praying spontaneously throughout the day. This has been a challenge for me, but I can see God working in me when I am faithful! As I prayed for Peter, I prayed for myself as well. I can't say I have made significant life changes, but I am more aware of the areas I need to surrender. It is so tempting to think I can be good enough if I just try harder! But the truth is, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). It's not about me.

My sweet baby boy and his llama

I am so thankful that I took this challenge and that my husband volunteered to do it with me. I am hopeful that we continue praying for Peter on a daily basis, that we don't backslide into sporadic prayer. I noticed as we prayed that many of the Scripture passages came from 1 Peter. Fun fact: My husband and I met at a Bible study he was leading. The book being studied? 1 Peter! Perhaps we will study that book together again, this time using it as a guide to continue our prayers for our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment