Saturday, July 16, 2011

Building the Body of Christ

Busy weekend here: my husband's and Peter's birthdays, our 2 year 11 monthaversary, and a reunion with some friends from college. So, no post yesterday and today's is just a reprint of something we received at church last weekend.

I will protect the unity of my church:
 - by acting in love toward other members
 - by refusing to gossip
 - by following the teaching of the church and its leaders

I will share the responsibility of my church:
 - by praying for its growth
 - by inviting the unchurched to attend
 - by warmly welcoming those who visit

I will serve the ministry of my church:
 - by discovering my gifts and talents
 - by being equipped to serve in a ministry
 - by developing a servant's heart

I will support the testimony of my church:
 - by attending faithfully
 - by living a godly life
 - by giving regularly

All of the above requirements for membership are not derived from human opinion, but are reflected in the Scriptures as what God asks of His family. These are the Scripture passages. Take a few minutes and read them:

Romans 14:19                            1 Peter 1:22
Ephesians 4:29                           Hebrews 13:17
1 Thessalonians 1:1-2                 Luke 14:23
Romans 15:7                              1 Peter 4:10
Ephesians 4:11-12                      Philippians 2:3-7
Hebrews 10:25                          Philippians 1:27
1 Corinthians 16:2                      Leviticus 27:30

No comments:

Post a Comment