Friday, June 24, 2011

The Christian Gender Gap

During this past week, we've been praying for the fruits of the Spirit to be manifest in our son.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)
The fruits of the Spirit are a call to holiness, evidence of a life lived for God. These fruits are exhibited differently in each of us,  for we are indeed many parts of one Body, but life in the Spirit will produce fruit in all who believe.

If you've been reading my blog this week, you may be thinking, "Don't tell me you're going to make this a gender issue, too!" Yes. Yes, I am. :-)

If you look around your church, I am almost certain that you will see more women than men. For one reason or another, Christian churches, especially the Catholic Church, are failing to keep men involved. How did faith become a gender issue? I don't know what caused the problem, but I do know part of the solution: prayer. If societal or darker forces are at work to pull my son away from Christ, intercessory prayer is one of my primary responsibilities as a parent. This is why my husband and I committed to the 21 Days of Prayer for our son, which hopefully will be a springboard into regular prayer habits.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Umm... I try to respond to all of the comments I receive, but you didn't give me a lot to work with. :-) Care to elaborate?

      Delete