Friday, April 15, 2011

It's a Party!

I'm joining the fun of the Natural Parenting Blog Party, a great idea put into action by Jenny at The Peaceful Housewife. Join in the fun! Today's post suggestion is answering a few questions about ourselves. I am a sucker for email surveys and the like, so I am enthusiastically on board for this one!


Q. How many children do you have, and how old are they?
A.  I have a nine month old son.



Q. Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent?
A. I have been married for about 2.5 years to a wonderful man who shares a LOT of the parenting responsibilities with me.

Q. What are your “hot button” parenting issues?
A.  Breastfeeding: Nursing in public, child-led weaning, cultural support of formula

Q. Have you made any parenting choices that you didn’t think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting?
A. I had never considered not circumcising. Like many parents, I assumed that every boy was circumcised. I left the decision up to my husband, who decided against it. Since then, I have read a lot about the issue and am SO thankful that my son is intact!

Q. Is there one book or person in particular that’s heavily influenced your parenting choices?
A. My mom cloth diapered and breastfed my brothers and me; she is definitely a major influence. My friend Karra is also a role model for me of a Catholic, natural parenting mom.

Q. If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what word would you use?
A. Sunny! People ask all the time, "Is he always this happy?" Not always, but most of the time, yes.

Q. Is there one parenting decision that you regret more than others and wish you could change?
A. Um, I did accidentally make his finger bleed while trimming his nails when he was about a month old. :-( But he's our first child and only nine months old, so I haven't had much time for regret!

Q. Is there an area of your parenting you wish you were better at?
A. Waking up immediately when he cries at night. I don't know if I'm a sound sleeper or unconsciously think he doesn't need me right away, but it takes me a few minutes to come awake enough to respond.

Q. Now for the fun questions – is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day?
A. Chocolate chip cookies

Q. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate?
A. Chocolate, preferably with brownie chunks

Q. What’s your guilty pleasure?
A. Boxed mac n cheese. My husband makes a delicious baked macaroni and cheese, but it's missing something. The cheap noodles? The fake yellow coloring? Who can say... :-)

Q. If you could be part of any television show, which show would it be?
A. I don't really watch TV, so it's hard to say. Maybe the Colbert Report, he's usually pretty funny.

And last but not least, don’t forget to link up!!

16 comments:

  1. Hooray! So glad that you are participating in the party. I love reading more about you and your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog and so nice to meet you :)

    Kelly from
    Themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!! Thank you for the compliment and glad to "meet" you at the party!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to motherhood. Here's to many more wonderful years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog! I agree with your "hot buttons" for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello : ) Found you through the link up through the blog party. Nice to meet you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's absolutely something about the boxed mac! I only want it when I'm sick, but as much as I've tried to make a baked mac and cheese, it just never ends up being nearly as tasty. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww thanks! I feel honored!!! You are an inspiration to ME...I look forward to each new blog post! You're the best!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually respond to individual comments, but I think my response to each of these would be largely the same -- THANKS! So glad to have found such a great community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog!:) Glad to have found yours. And I agree about the mac and cheese, especially leftover boxed mac and cheese! I think it's even better the next day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the blog party. So glad to have found you. Box mac an cheese...that made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopped over from the NP blog party - the photo of your son and hubby is precious; thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. NP blog party hopping. It was nice to get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed the read....I'll be subscribing to your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carrie, thanks for the support about mac-n-cheese. My husband thinks I'm nuts. Perhaps Hybrid Rasta Mama does too... ;-)

    mrs green, Maria, and Brianna -- Thanks for stopping by! Glad you could join the party. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from the blog party! :) Fun to read you!!

    ReplyDelete