Friday, April 29, 2011

Wollen Sie lernen Deutsch?

I have spent the past 90 minutes learning basic conversational German from Deutsche World, which has a very good FREE course available online. I can almost feel my brain stretching. :-) This is certainly more difficult than teaching Peter to speak Spanish, but I appreciate the challenge. I also have native help available for more unusual things I want to learn, like the prayers of the Rosary. A German friend of mine sent me a translation of all the prayers used in the Rosary, including the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel. So, if you want to start small, here is the Sign of the Cross, or Kreuzzeichen:

Im Namen des Vaters und des Sohnes und des Heiligen Geistes. Amen.

Sehr gut! :-)

Oh, and today is my Baptism day. 27 years as a Catholic!

No comments:

Post a Comment