Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moby Wrap vs. Snugli comparison

I used the Moby Wrap to take Peter for about a mile walk. Loved it! He seemed closer to me than he is in our Snugli, and it definitely distributed the weight more comfortably. Most of his weight settled around my hips, rather than on my shoulders as I have found with the Snugli. That being said, the Snugli offers more head support, so even if I could go back in time, I would still use the Snugli for the first few months when he weighed less. I don't think my husband will use the Moby much, if at all, mainly because of the time needed to wrap it correctly. It is ungainly compared to the fairly compact Snugli. I plan on leaving the Snugli in the car for when I just want to pop him in for a quick errand. I have already used the Moby a few times around the house -- it is amazing how much more efficient I can be when one hand is not holding him on my hip! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So true!

    I am still working on figuring out the best hip hold for the Moby...I can't seem to find my instructions and there are a few different ways of doing it that I've found online. It's still my favorite one so far, though!

    I think my next babywearing purchase is going to be the Ergo...I've heard nothing but good about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think about the Ergo when you get to try it!

    ReplyDelete