Monday, February 7, 2011

Tomorrow is another chance

The most I created today was a sandwich, living on the edge by having more Miracle Whip and no Italian dressing instead of a little of each. I didn't even particularly experience other people's creativity. Or more to the point, I didn't take notice of it. As I drove around the city, I'm sure I passed multiple store-fronts and billboards and pieces of art, but I didn't really see them. At the staff meeting I attended this morning, some of my colleagues certainly spent care and time on their appearance and clothing, but I didn't appreciate it. When I went to the chili supper tonight at church, I vaguely remember some of the desserts had decorations on them, but all I did was look for something that had a lot of chocolate. All day, I was surrounded by people, the pinnacle of God's creation. I never took the time to notice, to connect, to do more than smile and make small talk. Lord Jesus Christ, son of the living God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment