Thursday, February 3, 2011

Savor the moment

Time for a brief reflection on motherhood. I love my son more every day. His smiles and laughs inspire me to be absolutely ridiculous to coax one out of him. I love to cuddle with him when he is sleepy, as he burrows his head into my shoulder and eventually falls asleep. His joy in the water is contagious. As exasperating as it can be when I have chores I want to complete, I melt a little every time he reaches up and looks pleadingly at me. I love to nurse him and the immediate calm that brings him (and me!), no matter how upset he is. Even washing his diapers is not too much of a chore because I know how much more comfortable he is in cloth diapers and that I am saving the world for him to inhabit in the future. My husband has made me more able to love and now my son is doing the same for me. Each day he teaches me to be selfless and the immense rewards that brings. "How much more will your Heavenly Father give good things to those who ask of Him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment