Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am a food hero

I am making applesauce tonight from organic apples. Not only is it delicious, but I have the satisfaction of knowing it is one of the healthiest things I can eat. I get a similar feeling of contentment in the morning, as I eat my granola with raisins and organic soy milk. I feel like I am simultaneously making myself a better person and changing the world. It's awesome. On rare occasions, I still indulge in my unhealthy pleasures (hot dogs, boxed mac-n-cheese, potato chips). All heroes have their Kryptonite.
In related news, Peter had avocado tonight for the first time. As I introduce new foods, I pick things that I enjoy also, since there are inevitably left-overs. Sweet potatoes, applesauce, bananas -- no problem. Before tonight, I had never eaten plain avocado. Since I love guacamole, though, I was not concerned. Peter loved it and ate more food in one sitting than he has ever done in his short life. I'm glad one of us is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment