Monday, January 24, 2011

Bloom where you are planted

I recently decided to be proactive about pursuing creativity. Today's project was a set of five greeting cards, which I will be giving to my sister-in-law for her birthday. I'm excited about continuing this project. I should be able to make 50 greeting cards and buy stamps for all the envelopes for about $30. Three dollars for a hand-made gift seems reasonable to me. Another thing I like about this project is that each card only takes a couple minutes, so I can work on it sporadically while taking care of Peter, my six month old son. I am trying to be gentle with myself and realize that the best way to live out my calling is not to attempt to give 100% to every aspect of my life, but to simply seek balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment